Dermal fillers consist of a wide range of products used in specific areas of the face to restore volume, structure and youthfulness.
Dermal Fillers are a great way of addressing unwanted wrinkles and lines that form when the natural collagen and hyaluronic acid within your skin diminishes during the course of natural aging. Collagen provides structure to your skin while hyaluronic acid provides volume and hydration.
Dermal fillers have been specifically designed to restore structure and replace volume while maintaining a natural appearance in the face. Dermal fillers are especially effective within the Mid-Face, Cheeks, Nasolabial Folds, Tear Trough (under eyes), Chin, Nose and even the Hands.
Dermal filler treatments are very popular and can be performed within minutes with little to no down time. Our doctors use high grade products that generally last from 9-18 months, depending on the type of filler.
Before carrying out treatment, our doctors see each and every patient for a thorough assessment and consultation. Each patient has a unique facial profile and therefore unique needs. A bespoke treatment plan will be put in place by one of our talented doctors and subsequent treatment will take place. Treatment time varies depending on the area of the face being treated.
- Pregnancy and breast feeding are contra-indications to treatment.
- Alcohol intake should be reduced at least 24 hours before treatment.
- Medication such as aspirin may cause bruising as will high doses of vitamin E.
- Treatment cannot be performed until ceasing Roaccutane medication for 6 months.
- Sun beds, waxing, electrolysis and laser should be avoided at least 48 hours before treatment.
- Pain sensitivity may be heightened at certain times (pre-menstrual or following excessive alcohol intake).
- Bruising may be reduced by taking Arnica tablets two days before treatment.
- Risk of cold sores may be reduced by the use of Zovirax® tablets.
- Immediately after the treatment there may be slight redness, swelling, tenderness and an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. If the inconvenience continues or if other reactions occur, please contact your physician.
- The initial swelling after treatment may last longer. Some patients experience swelling for about a week. This means that the result directly after the treatment should not be seen as the final result.
- Avoid touching the treated area 6 hours after the treatment. After that the area can be gently washed with soap and water and light make-up can be applied.
- Until the initial swelling and redness have resolved, do not expose the treated area to intense heat (e.g. solarium and sunbathing) or extreme cold.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores.
- If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, be aware that these may increase the bruising and bleeding at the injection site.